Flemings Textiles becomes Scott & Fyfe Composites Limited
6th January 2009, Tayport
From 1st January 2009 Flemings Textiles Limited will now be known as Scott & Fyfe Composites Limited. Flemings Textiles Ltd has been a subsidiary company of Scott & Fyfe Ltd for 13 years and for the last 5 years there has been significant promotion towards the Scott & Fyfe name being involved in composites through Flemings.
“It gives us great pleasure to announce our next positive step towards closer integration of the two organisations, and a strategic market focus towards the composites sector. This synergy will enable Scott & Fyfe Composites to continue to develop innovative products and added value services whilst maintaining our core values of high quality and customer service excellence.” A spokesperson for Scott & Fyfe said.
The Scott & Fyfe Group is an independent, privately owned industrial textile manufacturer. Operating from five manufacturing sites based in Scotland, Mexico and China, it is a global provider of innovative textiles and technology. Currently covering a variety of markets, it offers product ranges that include:
· Circular and flat woven polypropylene fabric for the FIBC industry
· Stitch bonding and warp knitted fabrics which include Textron for rubber underlay backing
· Loop fabric for the technical and abrasive manufacturing industry
· Advanced glass fibre reinforcement materials for the FRP industry
· Weft insertion polyester fabrics that can be made into laminated or coated fabrics
· Knitted fabrics and 3D spacer fabrics for the automotive industry
Scott & Fyfe have been established for over 140 years and prides itself in being experts in what it does and it is this that keeps it at the forefront of the industry through innovation, investment, service and people.
Author: Billy Hunter